What We are Looking For
TransForm is seeking a versatile, detail-oriented Communications and Development (CAD) Coordinator who can help amplify our work and increase support for our ambitious mission of combating climate change and social inequity through transportation and housing solutions.
About the position
The Communications and Development (CAD) Coordinator will support TransForm’s communications and development teams by publishing and helping develop compelling stories and original content, engaging our donors, improving internal systems, and providing communications support to program teams.
The CAD Coordinator will be supervised by the Communications Director, and will work closely with the Development Manager. This is an entry-level position with potential to grow and take on more responsibility in the future, depending on the Associate’s interests and abilities.
TransForm is California’s leading advocate for healthy, connected communities with affordable transportation and housing choices. For over two decades, we’ve brought together environmental, social justice, and health advocates to shape transportation and land use decisions for the benefit of people and the planet.
TransForm is an entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative and inclusive culture. Our staff of 20+ works closely with partners at the local, regional, and state levels to create more healthy, connected, and affordable communities. Our main office is in downtown Oakland, with satellite offices in Sacramento and San Jose.
Your Key Responsibilities
Develop and publish engaging content (30%):
- Edit, build, and send bi-monthly e-newsletter and other mass emails using Predictive Response.
- Draft, edit, and publish website content using Drupal, including curating TransForm’s online events calendar.
- Set up online actions using Salsalabs
- Help manage and create content for social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Write, edit, contribute to, and/or produce other communications and development materials as needed
- Design and produce visual content using Photoshop, Canva, or other design software.
- Draft and produce promotional content for TransForm events.
Donor relations and fundraising projects (30%):
- Manage gift processing and acknowledgements swiftly and accurately.
- Complete monthly gift reconciliation process, with support from finance team and Development Manager.
- Help to plan, promote, and execute fundraising appeals and donor cultivation events.
- Manage and edit donation forms using Soapbox Engage.
- Research new individual and institutional funding prospects, under the guidance of senior development staff.
Strengthen communications and development systems (20%):
- Track mass communications, social media, and individual fundraising metrics to inform communications and fundraising strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date media contact info and distribution lists in Salesforce
- Track all media interactions in Salesforce and post positive media coverage to the website
- Help streamline organization-wide document management in Google Drive.
- Implement and support best practices for data hygiene in Salesforce, with training and support from teammates and Salesforce consultant.
- Help evaluate current communications and development software, research and implement upgrades and new systems as needed.
Special projects for programs (20%):
- Help develop and share multimedia stories and profiles to demonstrate the impact of multiple programs.
- Support outreach and trainings on GreenTRIP Connect via presentations, curriculum, event management.
- Support community engagement and outreach around new transit-oriented development at BART stations.
- With Communications Director, plan and implement communications strategies for other programs and campaigns as needed.
You have these skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including persuasive writing, copy-editing, and the ability to genuinely engage with a wide range of people.
- A deep commitment to TransForm's mission and a strong desire to be a part of making positive environmental and social change in the world.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and their use for nonprofit advocacy and fundraising.
- Effective collaboration on and across teams; ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, be accountable, offer and accept constructive feedback, and creatively solve problems.
- A "can-do" attitude: enthusiasm for a wide range of tasks, including administrative or repetitive ones; graceful under pressure; self-motivated and directed; with a sense of humor and fun.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple, often competing, priorities.
You might ideally have these skills
- Personal and/or work experience with underserved or historically marginalized communities, and/or social justice organizations that integrate equity and inclusion in their internal and external communications.
- Two to three years of experience working in a mission-driven non-profit or non-governmental organization.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking, making presentations, delivering trainings, etc.
- Experience with online marketing software and tools, and/or a donor/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, etc) and MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software.
- Experience with any of the software we currently use: Salesforce, Predictive Response, Salsalabs, Soapbox Engage, Drupal.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time (37.5 hour/week), exempt position based in our downtown Oakland office. Annual compensation is $50,000 - $55,000, based on experience and skills. Compensation includes health and dental insurance, generous vacation time, and transit benefits. TransForm also administers a 403b retirement plan.
Our staff is focused on making positive change in the world and supports and values diversity. TransForm is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
TIMELINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To see if the position is still available, you can check if it is still listed in the “Jobs” section of our website. Initial review of applications will begin on January 2, 2019. The target start date is February 15, depending on scheduling availability.
First Posted: November 28, 2018
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete this survey to receive further instructions: