Is there a fantastic development that should be awarded GreenTRIP certification?
Or would you like help designing a project that integrates traffic reduction strategies?
Apply now for consideration of GreenTRIP evaluation now!
To be eligible for GreenTRIP certification, your project must meet our minimum criteria:
- Primarily multi-family housing (some mixed-use ok). Maximum of 20% single family homes.
- Project size: at least 20 units.
- Project density: at least 20 units/acre.
- Resident Bike Parking: 1 space/unit.
- Guest Bike Parking provided.
- Annual Transportation and Parking Survey administered.
- Does not violate urban growth boundaries.
- Within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area: Defined as San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, and Marin Counties.
Steps to Apply
- Read the GreenTRIP How-to Guide. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us at (510) 740-3150 x340. We are happy to provide a presentation to your development team to learn about the benefits of certification and what services we provide as part of the evaluation.
- Fill out the GreenTRIP Certification Inquiry Form. We will take the details of your project into consideration and will contact you directly if accepted to move foward with the Certification Process.
The GreenTRIP team has selected the final group of projects with the most units and willing to try the greatest number of innovative GreenTRIP Platinum traffic reduction strategies and began the certification process in April 2015. Selected applications will be notified on a rolling basis.
Thanks to the Knight Foundation we will be able to offer TWO FREE certifications to projects in San Jose.
We are also offering TWO 50% DISCOUNTED Platinum certifications open to any project in the 9-County San Francisco Bay Area.
Developers must have control of the site and have not yet received project approvals/entitlements.
GreenTRIP Certifications are a value of approximately $10,000 each, depending on the project size and percentage of affordable units. Details about certification benefits, process and fees can be found at www.greentrip.org
If you are a community member, city/agency staff or elected official that would like to recommend a project for our consideration please feel free to use this form to let us know about your recommended project. If you know the developer you can forward this link to them directly to complete it.
If Invited for Certification
If accepted for one of our 10 certification slots for this year, we will request a full application form. If you are not awarded the free certification we will also send an invoice for the full or discounted evaluation fee.
Once we've received your evaluation fee, we will set up a kick-off meeting with your project team to discuss the details of your project, a timeline for certification steps, potential traffic reduction strategies, and examples of projects implementing these strategies.
Learn more about how your development can reduce traffic through: