- About Us
- Bay Area Transportation
- Bay Area Land Use
- California Advocacy
- Past Campaigns
- Get Involved
2013 Let's Get Moving Silicon Valley Summit
02/23/2013 9:00 am
02/23/2013 4:00 pm
Transportation Choices and Healthy Communities!
Sponsored by TransForm, the Santa Clara County Public Health Department, the Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter, the Mineta Transportation Institute, Working Partnerships USA, Greenbelt Alliance, Urban Habitat, VTA, SPUR San Jose, Safe Routes to School National Partnership, the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce, the Silicon Valley Independent Living Center, the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, and the Health Trust.
Let's Get Moving is a gathering of community residents, leaders, and activists interested in creating better-connected, affordable, and healthy communities in Santa Clara County. The Summit aims to foster deep community engagement and meaningful participation in transportation and land use planning processes. The event provides interactive workshops and opportunities to connect with activists and organizations from across the Bay Area.
- Closing remarks
- Councilmember Sam Liccardo, City of San Jose, District 3
Watch the videos of this event here.
Handouts from the Summit are available below.
- Google Map highlighting the transportation and land use planning processes taking place in Santa Clara County.
- Morning Sessions
- Healthy Communities Forum. The Grand Boulevard Initiative: Creating Great Neighborhoods along El Camino Real
- Urban Growth and Development without Traffic? Learn how parking strategies can make housing more affordable, provide greater transportation options, and improve parking availability
- Moving Silicon Valley Forward: A discussion of Housing and Transportation in Silicon Valley as a Matter of Social and Racial Justice
- From General to Specific: Implementing San Jose’s Forward Thinking General Plan
- Stevens Creek Bus Rapid Transit Tour
- Caltrain Modernization and Station Area Planning 101
- Afternoon Sessions
- Connecting with High Speed Rail in Santa Clara County
- Creating Safe Routes to Schools
- Introduction to THRIVE: Tool for Health and Resilience In Vulnerable Environments
- Exploring the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Realizing the Air Quality Benefits of Good Land Use
- Creating Safe Routes to Transit: Making it Safer, More Secure and Convenient to Walk and Bike to Transit
- Inspire a Shared Vision: Storytelling and Public Speaking Training