- About Us
- Bay Area Transportation
- Bay Area Land Use
- California Advocacy
- Past Campaigns
- Get Involved
How It Works
Join a huge community of people from California and around the country in setting and reaching a personal low mileage goal for June 1-7, 2010.
- Register for the Challenge. Registration is open -- see the column on the right. You'll get a bunch of perks plus support TransForm's advocacy for better walking, biking, and public transportation options.
- Set up your Challenge page. This is where you'll set your low mileage goal and track how much you walk, bike, take public transportation, and drive. You can also posts stories and pictures from your car-free adventures.
- Share your goal with friends and family. You'll inspire them! You can also set a fundraising goal if you want. When friends and family sponsor you, you're also eligible for special, awesome prizes!
- Compete for 100+ awesome prizes and special awards. We have so many ways to win!
- Meet and celebrate with fellow Challengers at the beginning and end. You'll swap stories over free food and drinks, get free raffle tickets and door prizes, and more at our kickoff and closing parties! There will also be a special car-free outing during the Challenge.
- Send an important message to our leaders that a critical mass of people want to drive less and live more - which is why we need better options for walking, biking, and taking public transportaiton!
Not Only is the Challenge a Blast, It Sends an Important Message
Our stories and numbers are powerful. Together, we can send a message to our leaders that we need better options for walking, biking, and public transportation - especially if we want to fight climate change!
And by taking the Challenge, you're helping TransForm, an award-winning nonprofit fight even harder for world-class public transportation and walkable communities at the regional, state, and federal levels.
We need you to take the Challenge to be a role model for others who are trying to drive less for the first time. Show them what's possible! Plus, win prizes, meet like-minded folks, and help us have a low overall mileage average for all participants.
Questions About Participating or Sponsoring?
Contact Andréa Tyler.