On Thursday, November 6, the Mountain View Human Relations Commission will host its fifth Civility Roundtable event, continuing its community discussion forum series. Previous events explored corporate responsibility, undocumented workers, gun violence at schools, and issues related to traffic and parking.
“Can Housing in Mountain View Be Affordable?” will be a community conversation about the local impacts of the regional problem of rapidly increasing housing costs. Project Sentinel will provide facilitators for the community dialogue. The speaker participants include:
• Joe Simitian – Santa Clara County Supervisor
• Shiloh Ballard – Senior VP, Housing & Community Development, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
• Joshua Howard – Senior VP, Local Public Affairs, Caliornia Apartment Association
• Louise Katz – Attorney/Advocate for the Developmentally Disabled & MV Neighborhood Activist
• Mark Kroll – Managing Director, SARES REGIS Group of Northern California, LLC
• Aracely Mondragon – Community Organizer, SF Organizing Project/Peninsula Interfaith Action
When: Thursday, November 6, 2014
Where: Mountain View Senior Center (266 Escuela Avenue)
Admission is free. Refreshments will be available.