We need to address the housing affordability crisis, but we don’t want to make it harder to get around town or harm the climate. Join us for this discussion to:
- Learn about the connections between housing affordability, traffic reduction, and climate change;
- Hear what neighboring communities are doing to reduce the need to drive; and
- See how you can help make your community more walkable, affordable, and transit-friendly.
- Nina Rizzo manages GreenTRIP Certifications at TransForm. The GreenTRIP program supports multi-family residential developments that implement strategies to reduce traffic, parking and greenhouse gas emissions
- Nevada Merriman of MidPen Housing is designing and developing affordable housing where residents can reduce their reliance on cars
- Elaine Breeze of SummerHill Apartments works on “smart growth” multi-family rental housing and mixed use developments
Co-sponsors:TransForm, Housing Leadership Council, Home for All, OneSanMateo, Imagine San Mateo
This event is part of Connecting Communities: An event series envisioning a just and sustainable transportation future. The series is sponsored by TransForm and the Silicon Valley Climate Action Alliance. Check out the other free events we have coming up!