Transportation is the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions in the region and the state. What transportation strategies make it harder to reduce GHGs, and what can help? How can we make better decisions today that support a sustainable future?
- Widening highways or converting existing lanes to express lanes
- Building more parking garages, or less
- Building more homes near transit, jobs, and services
- The transition to electric vehicles
- Transportation as a service
- Billy Riggs, University of San Francisco
- Michael Boswell, California Polytechnic State University
- Gil Friend, City of Palo Alto
Co-sponsors: Palo Alto Forward, Friends of Caltrain
This event is part of Connecting Communities: An event series envisioning a just and sustainable transportation future. The series is sponsored by TransForm and the Silicon Valley Climate Action Alliance. Check out the other free events we have coming up!