Is there a fantastic development that should be awarded GreenTRIP certification?
Or would you like help designing a project that integrates traffic reduction strategies?
We would be happy to evaluate your project!
GreenTRIP certifies residential and mixed-used projects that apply strategies to reduce vehicle trips, excessive parking, and greenhouse gases, while making transportation more affordable. We offer third-party evaluation and support by attending public hearings and creating external communication materials that clearly outline the project's benefits.
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the GreenTRIP Certification Inquiry Form. We will take the details of your project into consideration and contact you directly if accepted to move foward with the certification process. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Nina Rizzo, GreenTRIP Planner, at (510) 740-3150 x340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If accepted for certification, we will request a full application form and evaluation fee.
- We will then set up a kick-off meeting with your project team to discuss the details of your project, a timeline for certification steps, potential traffic reduction strategies, and examples of projects implementing these strategies.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Multi-family housing, with some mixed-use.
- Project density: at least 20 units/acre.
- Resident bike parking: at least 1 space per unit.
- Guest bike parking for 20% of units.
- Annual transportation and parking survey administered.
- Within urban growth boundaries.
- Within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area: Defined as San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, and Marin Counties.
Certification criteria details can be found in our How-to Guide.
If you are a community member, city/agency staff or elected official that would like to recommend a project for our consideration please feel free to use this form to let us know about your recommended project. If you know the developer you can forward this link to them directly to complete it.
Learn more about how your development can reduce traffic through: