GreenTRIP has successfully completed greenhouse gas emissions reduction evaluations for many housing projects applying for Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC) funds using CalEEMod and Air Resources Board (ARB) adjustments, as well as the CMAQ model. These state Greenhouse Gas Reduction funds, awarded by the Strategic Growth Council, support affordable housing projects near transit, combined with transportation infrastructure projects that will allow better choices for future residents, reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Paying for these innovative projects with cap and trade funds is exactly what TransForm has been working on for many years with our statewide coalitions. See the impacts of all GHG reducing projects (including AHSC) at ClimateBenefitsCA.org.
The GreenTRIP team brings a wealth of experience to this work, and is ready to do business with interested developers and partners. We charge $5,000 per project. We are able to not only complete the GHG analysis for the required application quickly, we also advise potential applicants on how to maximize their GHG reductions by implementing GreenTRIP strategies, such as transit passes and reduced parking. The second round of AHSC funds were awarded in October 2016, and we assisted more than half of the successful projects across the state.
These links will take you to the most recent AHSC Guidelines and Quantification Methodology (March 8, 2017 version).
Will your project be ready? Contact Jennifer West, GreenTRIP Senior Program Manager, for more information at email@example.com
AHSC GHG Emission Reduction Evaluation by TransForm - $5,000
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction calculations for housing projects using the “Affordable Housing Sustainable Communities (AHSC)” 2017 final draft guidelines and quantification methodologies (CalEEMod and ARB adjustments) from June 2017
- GHG calculations for any Transit and Connectivity (TAC) projects using CMAQ model
- Identification of project characteristics and location characteristics that reduce GHGs
- Consultation on strategies to improve GHG reductions with applicants
- Two meetings by phone with each applicant to 1. review initial evaluation of and 2. final report on site
- Deliverables: Final report showing GHG reductions and all information needed to complete the GHG portion of the AHSC application. Sample report can be provided on request.
For those in Southern California, also be sure to check out the Transit-Priority Area (TPA) Mapping Tool from SCAG.