THURSDAY April 20: Please make a call to support AB 179 (Cervantes) to ensure that the most vulnerable Californians are represented on the California Transportation Commission, including people from low-income neighborhoods and environmental justice communities, and people of color. The bill will be heard in the Assembly Transportation Committee on Monday April 24, so this is urgent!
We’re calling the members on the Assembly Transportation Committee who should support this bill. If your Assemblymember is on this list, call them! If not, call Chair Frazier or whoever is closest to you.
Tell the person who answers the phone that you urge the Assemblymember to vote YES on AB 179, authored by Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes, to require at least one seat on the Commission to represent the most underrepresented Californians and require coordination with the Air Resources Board. We’ve also included their Twitter handles so you can get in touch that way!
Please post this on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tag your friends who live in these districts:
- Chair Jim Frazier - District 11 (Brentwood) - (916) 319-2011 - @AsmFrazier
- Cecilia Aguiar - Curry - District 04 (Woodland) - (916) 319-2004 - @CeciliaAD4
- Marc Berman - District 24 (Los Altos) - (916) 319-2024 - @AsmMarcBerman
- Raul Bocanegra - District 39 (San Fernando) - (916) 319-2039 - @AsmBocanegra
- Kansen Chu - District 25 (San Jose) - (916) 319-2025 - @KansenChu
- Tom Daly - District 69 (Anaheim) - (916) 319-2069
- Laura Friedman - District 43 (Burbank) - (916) 319-2043 - @laurafriedman43
- Jose Medina - District 61 (Riverside) - (916) 319-2061 - @AsmJoseMedina
- Adrin Nazarian - District 46 (Van Nuys) - (916) 319-2046 - @Asm_Nazarian
- Patrick O’Donnell - District 70 (Long Beach) - (916) 319-2070 - @AsmPatODonnell
Sample tweet to a legislator:
.@AsmFrazier Please vote YES on #AB179. We deserve qualified representation on California Transportation Commission! #environmentaljustice
You can learn more about AB 179, check out our fact sheet for the Transportation Equity Bill Package, and email legislators about the whole package.