Is there a fantastic development that should be awarded GreenTRIP certification?
Or would you like help designing a project that integrates traffic reduction strategies?
We would be happy to evaluate your project!
GreenTRIP certifies residential and mixed-used projects that apply strategies to reduce vehicle trips, excessive parking, and greenhouse gases, while making transportation more affordable. We offer third-party evaluation and support by attending public hearings and creating external communication materials that clearly outline the project's benefits.
- Please reach out to the GreenTRIP team at [email protected].
- We will hold an introductory phone call to learn more about your project. If accepted for certification, we will request a full application form and evaluation fee.
- We will then set up a kick-off meeting with your project team to discuss the details of your project, a timeline for certification steps, potential traffic reduction strategies, and examples of projects implementing these strategies.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Multi-family housing, with some mixed-use.
- Project density: at least 20 units/acre.
- Resident bike parking: at least 1 space per unit.
- Guest bike parking for 20% of units.
- Annual transportation and parking survey administered.
- Within urban growth boundaries.
- Within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area: Defined as San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, and Marin Counties.
Certification criteria details can be found in our How-to Guide.
Learn more about how your development can reduce traffic through: